24 January 2011

Veggie Straws

I know what you are thinking. Veggie Straws? Seriously Leigh!
Those of you who know us well know that we try to eat all natural, organic, no sugar, etc, pretty much no conventional food. Which of course does not always happen, but in our house what we put in our bodies is very important.
Ben is 8 years younger than Mac and 4 years younger than Kate and the food market for little ones has changed so much is these years. I was excited to try Gerber Puffs with him, but to my dismay found the ingredient list daunting.  Not only was is a mile long but it was full of nasty things. So my search began to find something little Ben could eat that didn't make his mama gasp. I am very excited to say we found these (at Walmart!) Veggie Straws. Mama and Ben are both very happy.

They have the texture of a puff but the ingredient list is much, much shorter and much, much better for Ben and the rest of us.
As you can see he really likes them. (Also notice I have nothing on the wall behind his chair in the kitchen. . .wonder why??)
We will continue to search for good little snacks for Ben and we will let you know what I find.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: