04 February 2011

Home

We are in a busy time of life right now.  Can I get an AMEN!  If you are the mother of small children you know that sleep is something of the past and time alone, truly alone, is something we only dream about.  Our little family at the Chocolate House is busy, busy, busy.   Some days I don't know how we are possibly going to get it all done and then one of my sweet children puts life into perspective.
Kate is our social butterfly.  She loves to go to school, loves to have friends over and loves to be busy. 
She is much like her daddy.  She has never met a stranger.
When she gets home from school she, Ben and I have lunch and while we are eating lunch our conversation usually turns to her day at school.  Her favorite thing is for me to ask her questions about her day, which usually are, what was your favorite part, worst part, silliest part. . .you get the idea. 
Today I asked her what her favorite part of school was and she told me that coming home was her favorite part!  Wow!  I was not expecting that!  She usually tells me of some wonderful thing they did at school or the marvelous snack they had, but coming home, goodness.  This got me thinking.
My job as the mama of this house is to provide a place of refuge for my family.  Do I always do that?  No.  I cannot possibly do it all the time.  I have spent time making sure our house is furnished and decorated nicely.  I make sure there is lots good healthy food in the house.  I get everyone ready, everyday.  I take care of everyone when they are sick, but I also get sick.  I get cranky and mad.  I fuss and I get tired.  But I also pray.
I pray that I will be the mama my kids need and the wife Trip needs.  I pray my children will come to know the Lord.  I pray that my family will feel relaxed at home.  I pray they will feel they can come home and be loved and safe and take refuge in our home.  The Lord answers my prayers and today I got to see that from Kate.  Her favorite part of the day was when she got to come home. . .there is no better compliment to a mama than that.
And then this is the look of the sweet girl who made my day. . .telling me enough with the pictures mama!

1 comment: