17 May 2011

I tried.


This sweet boy is almost 13 months!
He has never taken a step on his own, not even a little one!
He loves to "stand up" on his own and he loves to have help walking.
But no baby steps.

Yesterday.  All that not walking ended!

I was picking Kate up from school and put Ben down for a minute on the sidewalk while I talked to a friend and next thing I know Ben is taking a step!

I was so excited!
I lifted him back up onto his feet and he took three more steps.
I did that one more time and he took SIX steps!


Here is my question, how is it that this child can go from not walking at all to SIX steps in a row?
Could it be that his feet never touch the ground?
Or maybe that he is the fastest crawler I have ever seen?
Either way my life is about to change!

I tried my hardest to get some pictures of some first steps this morning, but Ben was not having it!
Playing under the table was much more fun!

Another little side note.

Ben has a bad habit.

He screams.

I don't mean sweet little screams to get our attention, I mean crazy loud screams just whenever he feels like it and when I say "no" (to the screaming) he does more!

Anyway.  My birthday was the other day and Trip had helped the kids get cards to give me.
All three of the cards were funny and sweet and both Mac and Kate's card had "mama"
written on the outside.
However, the card from Ben had "scream" written on the outside.
When I asked Trip about it he said that Ben didn't call anyone by their name. . .
he just called everyone "scream" . . .funny man.

 "Sweet Scream"

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment