29 July 2011

balloon wreath.

Do you remember this picture? 
Do your remember this wreath?
Don't you just love it?
 
I first saw this wreath on HowDoesShe.
And then one of my dear friends made one.
And after seeing how easy and cute this wreath is I just had to make one.
I will let you know that my wreath ended up with waaaay more balloons then suggested.
Somehow I seem to go overboard on things sometimes.
My friends still talk to me. . .so I reckon its ok!

All you need to make this wreath is
a straw wreath form (plastic left on)
florist pins
lots and lots of balloons

Once you have all your supplies gathered, start pinning.
I found that if I folded the balloon in half and pinned in the middle it looked the best.

At one time I ran out of floral pins and thought I would try just plain straight pins.
Not such a good idea. 
The balloons did not stay put with straight pins.

Did I mention lots and lots of balloons?

After the whole wreath form in filled with balloons then I tied a ribbon around it for easy hanging.

The finished wreath is so stunning. . .I am actually glad I went a little crazy with the balloons.
Now whenever we have a birthday I can pull this out for instant decoration.

Happy Birthday!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Leigh! It really pops off your black door too! We're glad you love it so much! Thanks for your comment and link so we could come check it out! Also, thanks for being a HowDoesShe gal!

    Caley
    www.howdoesshe.com

    ReplyDelete