16 July 2011

only for him.

There are lots of things that I am good at. . .
I am good at cleaning the kitchen 12 hundred times a day.
I am good at not doing the laundry.
I am good at forgetting to exercise.
And I am good at cooking and baking.

But one thing I am not good at is baking a beautiful cake.

As I have mentioned before, I have some friends who are professional cake makers.
Every cake they make is perfect, beautiful and yummy.
So, needless to say, I will leave the beautiful cake making to them.

However, when it is a certain big boy's 9th birthday and all he wants is a 12-layer chocolate cake,
then, by golly, that is what he is going to get. . .I don't even think he noticed how lopsided it was!
I have made this cake many times and I do believe it gets uglier every time. . .oh, well!
Still tastes delicious!


 No judging. . .here it is in all its beauty.

Sweet birthday boy. . .
Oh, and there is that balloon wreath I forgot to tell you about. . .next post, I promise.





(Go ahead and count the layers, you know you want to.)

I have looked all over the web at many, many layer cake recipes and this one by far is the easiest. 
Lots of the recipes call for cutting layers and such. . .not for this cake maker.
The easier the better.

I would not recommend making this when the baby is awake.

Stay up real real late making it the night before the actual birthday,
lick the frosting bowl and then stay awake a little longer because of the sugar high.

Oh, and don't forget, cake for breakfast on birthdays!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment