17 March 2011

Look Out.

We live in a small town in South Carolina. It is the town that Trip grew up in.
I have slowly grown to love this little town. 
There is only one thing I wish we had more of and that is organic and natural food. 
However I hit the jackpot the other day at our local WalMart. (I know!  WalMart?)

Now if you remember one of the most important things that I look for when buying packaged food for our family is for a short list of ingredients with words that I can pronounce.
I have found two new things and I am so excited.

These Cliff Crunch bars are so good.  The kids love them too, a big plus in my book! 
Trip loves the regular Cliff bars and takes them in the car with him a lot.  So, when I was doing some shopping at WalMart the other day I found these and thought we would try them out. 
What does Rachel Ray say?  Yumm-O.
And the best part is I could read the ingredient list!  It was a little longer than I like, but in a small town we sometimes have to take what we can get. 
Our bodies are made to process natural ingredients not processed ingredients and that is why it is so important that we give our bodies natural food that God made. 
The reason we have such a problem with obesity and diabetes and cancer here in America is because we are consuming too much of these foods that are unnatural and our bodies don't know what to do with these unnatural ingredients so people are getting fatter and sicker.
We have to be responsible with what we put in our bodies and our kids bodies!

Alright, off the soap box I come.

The other thing I have discovered right at the local WalMart is this new brand World Market.
( I believe it is a WalMart brand.)
The ingredient list on most (mind you I said most) of their snacks and chips is short, short, short! 
These chips are amazing and the only thing in the ingredient list is potatoes and salt and olive oil! 

So now, go to WalMart tomorrow. . .before 10AM. . .and get some yummy healthy snacks and then email me and let me know what you think. 
You will be healthier for it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment